[xdebug-general] Re: Some small suggestions for the source code: GDB / Win32

From: Christof J. Reetz <cjr[@]netplan.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:09:21 +0200

Derick Rethans wrote:
> I committed the patch for the second problem, however I am not sure what
> the first fix tries to address. Could you provide me with some
> information where things go currently wrong? As to the patch for that

As far as i understand, the mechanism for detecting the occurrence of a
line breakpoint matches the pathes from the php engine to the breakpoint
list in php. On a windows system these pathes are of the form
C:\apps\apache2\..., for example.

Unfortunately i was not able to set a breakpoint with a drive letter in
it, because of the colon. Somewhere else in xdebug i've found some code
which handles Win32 pathes in the form C|/apps/apache2/...

With the proposed patch, it is now possible to send pathes for
breakpoints in that form to xdebug.

But maybe i'm getting something completly wrong here and there is an
easier solution.

> problem itself, it is probably better to make this "fix windows path"
> thing into a (static) function - as now you're repeating code twice.

Yeah, of course. As usual, this started as a quick hack ... and then
stayed that way :-)

Regards,

--
Christof J. Reetz