[xdebug-general] Re: Some small suggestions for the source code: GDB / Win32

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:37:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Christof J. Reetz wrote:

> Dear Derick,
>
> first, i know that the GDB protocoll is no longer supported, but it is working
> for me so far. Therefore i have two changes for You, which You might choose to
> integrate.
>
> I've pulled xdebug from cvs today (March 7 2007).
>
> First "Fix" regards the file name handling for breakpoints on a Win32 system.
>
> Second "Fix" disables the start of a new remote session during a remote
> session. The sourcecode rearrangement was only done for me to better
> understand what's happening there, i did not intend to criticize Your coding
> style. With this change i'm able to do something like "eval
> SomeArrayVar[SomeIndex]" in a remote session without starting a new session.

I committed the patch for the second problem, however I am not sure what
the first fix tries to address. Could you provide me with some
information where things go currently wrong? As to the patch for that
problem itself, it is probably better to make this "fix windows path"
thing into a (static) function - as now you're repeating code twice.