[xdebug-general] Re: Eclipse PDT/ XDebug not showing Variables

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:39:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Thomas Widlar wrote:

> On 3/21/2011 5:38 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Thomas Widlar wrote:
> > > I have installed XDebug on Windows7 laptop with Eclipse PDT and XAMPP
> > > withonly a few stumbles. I can debug PHP Scripts and PHP Web Pages. I'm
> > > doing fine.
> > >
> > > The only problem is while debugging Web Pages the variable values do not
> > > show in Eclipse. They show when debugging scripts.
> > Could you post your phpinfo() output somewhere online?
> Coincidence. I was just going to post about this when your reply came.
>
> I think I know what is going on. I am on Windows7 4GB memory Gateway laptop. I
> think Windows7 runs out of resources pretty quickly especially with Eclipse
> and that keeps the variables from showing. When I reboot all is OK again for
> hours or days.
>
> Or do you need more info?

The phpinfo() wasn't very useful. Perhaps you could make a remote-debug
log? It's described at http://xdebug.org/support.php#remote
Try to keep the session as short as possible, as this makes it easier to
find the issue.

Could you also please make sure to use reply-all?

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug