[xdebug-general] Breakpoints still not working in Eclipse...

From: Spencer Williams IV <enderandpeter[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:08:44 -0800

Hey, everyone. So, I first used Xdebug in Eclipse a couple years back and I
remember it being quite excellent. I'm trying to start it up on a new
machine and I'm running into trouble. I'm very certain that Xdebug is
running like it should in every other respect. I had to choose a port
other than 9000 as it was already in use and then Eclipse confirmed it
could communicate with it.

Also,
 when you set Break at First Line, it indeed does do that. But as you
click Step Into or Step Over, although Eclipse is reporting to me what
lines it is stopping on, the editor is not actually moving to those
lines. It's as though it's not sure what file in the IDE to actually
hook into...

Here's what in my php.ini:

zend_extension = "C:\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
xdebug.remote_port=9001
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
xdebug.remote_autostart=Off
xdebug.remote_log="C:\Users\spencer\Documents\xdebug\log"

I have also tried autostart=On, but to no avail.

I'm
 looking at my Xdebug log and I may have found a clue to the issue. The
log confirms that Xdebug is aware of the breakpoints, because I see
lines like this:

<- breakpoint_set -i 636 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 15
->
 <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"
xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set"
transaction_id="636" id="180080004"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 637 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 2
->
 <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"
xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set"
transaction_id="637" id="180080005"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 638 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 9
-> <response
xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"
xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set"
transaction_id="638" id="180080006"></response>

I indeed set breakpoints on lines 15, 2, and 9 in the file it names. But I notice how the file path it shows you begins with the file:// protocol, followed by https://. Should it actually be showing me with a file path on the system rather
than one on the server?

I definitely set some paths up in Debug Configurations -> Server -> Configure -> Path Mapping, matching web server paths with file system paths, for the files I want to work with.

As I look at past xdebug discussions and Eclipse forums, with all due respect, I am seeing both groups pointing the finger at each other. I'm reading that this problem is not happening with Zend Debugger, strongly suggesting an issue on Xdebug's end. Is there anyone using 64-bit Windows, the latest Eclipse (Luna) and the latest PHP (5.6.2) and has Xdebug stopping at breakpoints??

-Spencer

------
"What a lark! What a plunge!"
-Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway