[xdebug-general] Re: Can not get xdebug working on Linux Mint-Mate 17

From: Shakti ASAP <asap[@]ea-world.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:23:49 -0500

On 11/18/2014 09:15 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Shakti ASAP wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get xdebug working on Linux Mint-Mate 17. I spend
>> several days to make it work and could not. This is a summary of the
>> environment and what I did:
> <snip>
>
>> PHP Warning: Xdebug MUST be loaded as a Zend extension in Unknown on
>> line 0
>>
>> I tried to debug from netbeans, got same warning and netbeans waits
>> for ever on xdebug.
>>
>> I can comment out line
>> “zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20121212/xdebug.so ” in
>> “/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini”, restart apache and run xdebug.php and
>> still get same messge. Like line
>> “zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20121212/xdebug.so ” in
>> “/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini” has no impact?
> I think you have another line in some other ini file saying
> "extension=xdebug.so". You need to find that line, and remove it.
>
> cheers,
> Derick
Same though crossed my mind, so actually I did search for "xdebug.so" in
all files in /etc, /usr, /opt, and /var and the only place I found it is in

/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

  and it that file only one place;

[xdebug]
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20121212/xdebug.so

so it baffles me who else end where can be loading it. As I mention even
if I comment the above line, or take it out, phpinfo shows that xdebug
is still being loaded as php extension. That is why I posted to the
request for help to the list to see if anybody has any idea how this can
be happening.

Now when I think is it possible that xdebug.so is being loaded
automatically by php since it is in php lib directory? Or maybe even
creaser, that it is complied into php. Any thoughts on that? I have
installed php from Mint distribution. How to find out who is loading
xdebug.so?

Thank you,
Bob