[xdebug-general] Re: Breakpoints still not working in Eclipse...

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:38:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Spencer Williams IV wrote:

> <- breakpoint_set -i 636 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 15

Your IDE sets bad breakpoints. It certainly should not include the
https://example.com, but instead it should be the proper filesystem path
to the files. It is very likely that you don't have your path mappings
set-up *correctly*.

> I indeed set breakpoints on lines 15, 2, and 9 in the file it names.
> But I notice how the file path it shows you begins with the file://
> protocol, followed by https://. Should it actually be showing me with
> a file path on the system rather than one on the server?

Yes.

> I definitely set some paths up in Debug Configurations -> Server ->
> Configure -> Path Mapping, matching web server paths with file system
> paths, for the files I want to work with.

Perhaps you've made those mappings the wrong way around?

> As I look at past xdebug discussions and Eclipse forums, with all due
> respect, I am seeing both groups pointing the finger at each other.

Well, it's the IDE that needs to set the right breakpoints. If it
doesn't do that, it's either an IDE problem, or you have configured it
wrongly.

cheers,
Derick