[xdebug-general] Help! Xdebug stack trace ends suddenly

From: Tom Walter <tom.walter[@]hitwise.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 00:29:03 +1100

Hi all,

I have a confusing intermittent bug with a php page. Sometimes it works
fine and others it just returns a blank response. PHP's own error
messages don't report anything, apache error logs don't report anything.

So I turned to xdebug's trace files to see if I could nail down where
the script dies. I found something weird, the only difference between a
trace from a broken request and one from a good request is that the
xdebug trace is missing its closing lines. Eg here is a trace of a good
request:

-> HomePageSetDatasource::cleanupSession()
/home/tomw/source/ci/common/php_include/library/ShutdownChain.php:0
  10.9881 74276
TRACE END [2010-01-27 06:54:56]

Whereas the trace of a bad request is this (note the last two lines are
missing):

-> HomePageSetDatasource::cleanupSession()
/home/tomw/source/ci/common/php_include/library/ShutdownChain.php:0

Does anyone know of something that would prevent xdebug from being able
to finish off the trace like this? Presumably it is the same thing that
prevents the php request from returning anything!

Cheers
Tom