[xdebug-general] Re: Help! Xdebug stack trace ends suddenly

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:19:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Tom Walter wrote:

> So I turned to xdebug's trace files to see if I could nail down where the
> script dies. I found something weird, the only difference between a trace from
> a broken request and one from a good request is that the xdebug trace is
> missing its closing lines. Eg here is a trace of a good request:
>
> -> HomePageSetDatasource::cleanupSession()
> /home/tomw/source/ci/common/php_include/library/ShutdownChain.php:0
> 10.9881 74276
> TRACE END [2010-01-27 06:54:56]
>
> Whereas the trace of a bad request is this (note the last two lines are
> missing):
>
> -> HomePageSetDatasource::cleanupSession()
> /home/tomw/source/ci/common/php_include/library/ShutdownChain.php:0
>
> Does anyone know of something that would prevent xdebug from being able to
> finish off the trace like this? Presumably it is the same thing that prevents
> the php request from returning anything!

Seems like something crashes in shutdown. Run Apache in single user mode
under GDB and see what goes on. Like:

# export USE_ZEND_ALLOC=0
# gdb --args /full/path/to/apache -X
and then at the prompt "run"
and then make requests until it crashes. When it does, run: "bt full",
paste the output at pastebin.com and post a link here.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug