[xdebug-general] Re: Quanta Plus + Firefox + XDebug problem: Firefox never ends

From: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso <francisco[@]marzoa.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:02:14 +0100

Derick Rethans escribió:
> Xdebug used to implement the DBGp protocol wrongly in older versions.
> After the change, IDE had to update as well in order to do things
> correctly. The Eclipse plugin has done that by now, but I suspect the
> quanta plus plugin might not have done so. Please let the quanta plus
> people have a look at this issue. If they've questions, they can write
> to this last of course.
>
> with kind regards,
> Derick

Hello again,

JFTR on this issue: If I've understand right, Quanta developers has
discontinued Quanta Plus 3.x because there will be no more KDE 3
releases, they're working now in Quanta 4 for KDE 4, but it has been not
released yet, and there's a lot of work with XDebug plugin for it.

Niko Sams on Quanta Plus list told me about Protoeditor. I've been able
to install its RPMs using alien on my Kubuntu. I've not had too much
time to check it, but at least its integration with XDebug seems to be
fine and I think I'll use it meanwhile.

Regards,