[xdebug-general] Re: Fwd: Eclipse PDT and xdebug error reporting

From: Federico Simoncelli <federico.simoncelli[@]gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:00:21 +0200

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org> wrote:
> > Is there a way to communincate the errors/notices to the eclipse
> > console instead?
>
> I've no idea what you mean here. I don't know much about Eclipse or PDT.

Basically I'm debugging my php scripts with a remote debugger (in my
case Eclipse PDT) as described here:

  http://www.xdebug.org/docs/remote

The remote debugger doesn't show the errors/warnings/notices generated
by the php script. Is this a DBGP limitation? Is DBGP protocol able to
communicate the php errors/warnings/notices to the remote debugger?
I think that displaying them in the remote debugger is more neat than
in the php page (display_errors On).

> Perhaps somebody else on the list can help?

Writing to the mailing list was my first idea...
I feel like I'm repeating myself but... the mail never made to the
list according to the archive:

  http://xdebug.org/archives/xdebug-general/

Quoting the support section (http://www.xdebug.org/support.php):
"Posts to the list (xdebug-general[@]lists.xdebug.org) are moderated
unless you are subscribed to the list.".
Either my post was moderated out or it's mandatory to be subscribed to
the mailing list, in this case I suggest to modify the support section
on the site.
Anyway I didn't get any notification about the mail rejection.

Thanks.

--
Federico.