[xdebug-general] Re: Fwd: Eclipse PDT and xdebug error reporting

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:15:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Federico Simoncelli wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org> wrote:
> > > Is there a way to communincate the errors/notices to the eclipse
> > > console instead?
> >
> > I've no idea what you mean here. I don't know much about Eclipse or PDT.
>
> Basically I'm debugging my php scripts with a remote debugger (in my
> case Eclipse PDT) as described here:
>
> http://www.xdebug.org/docs/remote
>
> The remote debugger doesn't show the errors/warnings/notices generated
> by the php script. Is this a DBGP limitation? Is DBGP protocol able to
> communicate the php errors/warnings/notices to the remote debugger?
> I think that displaying them in the remote debugger is more neat than
> in the php page (display_errors On).

It can communicate them if you set a break point on them. I don't know
whether PDT does that (Komodo does). Xdebug doesn't change anything with
PHP's normal error handling so you should definitely see them in the
output of the script as well. There is a feature request to only get the
errors sent over the protocol though - but that's something for the
future.

> Quoting the support section (http://www.xdebug.org/support.php):
> "Posts to the list (xdebug-general[@]lists.xdebug.org) are moderated
> unless you are subscribed to the list.".
> Either my post was moderated out or it's mandatory to be subscribed to
> the mailing list, in this case I suggest to modify the support section
> on the site.
> Anyway I didn't get any notification about the mail rejection.

I will change this to that you have to be subscribed.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php