[xdebug-general] Re: Activating XDebug on DevPHP

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:21:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Wolf Mook wrote:

> I installed Dev-PHP on my WindowsXP-System and tried to integrate
> XDebug. PHP 5.1.2 is working without problems. My PHP.ini has the
> following entries:
>
> zend_extension_ts=C:\PHP\SAPI\php_xdebug-2.0.2-5.1.7.dll
> xdebug.default_enable=On
> xdebug.debug_log_file=C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\DebugLog\devphp2.log
> xdebug.remote_enable=Off
> xdebug.remote_mode=req
> xdebug.remote_handler=php3

For remote-debugging to work, you can not use the php3 handler - instead
you most likely want to stick to the default value of "dbgp".

> and xdebug.dll is on the right location. But activating the debugger
> on dev-php is not possible and the phpinfo() shows no xdebug-entry.
> Could you help me?

If phpinfo() doesn't show Xdebug, you won't be able to use the debugger.
Which means you have to find out *why* it is not loaded. My best guess
would be that your version of PHP (5.1.2) is too old for the Xdebug dll
that you have. If you can, I would suggest upgrading to PHP 5.2 atleast,
and then use the corresponding dll from either xdebug.org, or from here:
http://pecl4win.php.net/ext.php/php_xdebug.dll

Please also make sure that: Apache can actually read the .dll file, that
you use Thread Safety in PHP and not debug mode.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php