[xdebug-general] Re: module fails to load

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:52:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Ben Giles wrote:

> I'm using the CVS version of xdebug (checked out yesterday). I
> compiled as per http://xdebug.org/docs/install, using the version
> phpize that came with my distribution (CentOS hosted at Mediatemple).
>
> I cannot get the xdebug module to load. Does Zend Engine == Zend
> Optimizer?

No, those are not the same. The Zend Engine is of course fine to have.

> From the install docs: "Xdebug does not work together with
> the Zend Optimizer or any other Zend extension (DBG, APC, APD etc).
> This is due to compatibility problems with those modules. We will be
> working on figuring out what the problems are, and of course try to
> fix those. "
>
> If so this is probably my problem.

I think it's the problem as well. You seem to have the ionCube PHP
Loader loaded, which is also a Zend extension. I am sure that if you
unload it, Xdebug will load fine. I'll update the docs to include the
ionCube loader as possible culprit.

> I added the line:
>
> zend_extension="/usr/lib/php4/xdebug.so"

This should be the correct one.

> xdebug does not appear in phpinfo(), though for some reason it states:
>
> _ENV["PWD"] /root/xdebug
> and
> PWD /root/xdebug
>
> I'm not sure why this is the case. I had originally used
> zend_extension="/root/xdebug/modules/xdebug.so" but have since moved
> it to /usr/lib/php4

It's just because you started apache from that directory... nothing
strange :)