[xdebug-general] Re: Difficulties to get xdebug to work on SuSE 1 0.2 - PHP5.2 - Apache 2

From: Braukmann, Juergen <Juergen.Braukmann[@]lua.nrw.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:55:03 +0100

Hello Derick,

thank you for returning to my request.

> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Braukmann, Juergen wrote:
>
> Yes, it needs to show up in two places:
> 1. next to the Zend logo in the first block

Aehmm. It does not in my case. Just a mention in the list of parsed *.ini
files. Then there is the zend2 Logo, space PHP Credits.

Oh yes, as a sidenote: SuSE ships PHP with the "suhosin patch 0.9.6.1" for
hardening.

> 2. as a normal
> extension block named "xdebug"

yep. That's what I meant when I mentioned it initially.

> > Are there any hints what do to to get the thing back
> working? xdebug
> > was quite helpful and worked nice on my old install with php....
>
> There are a couple of things that you can check:
>
> 1. is your PHP compiled with --enable-versioning (see configure
> line in phpinfo() output)?
> yes => recompile PHP without this setting, as it generates many
> issues

I suppose you talk about the "Configure Command" block. I do not see it
listed there.
(I frighten a bit the recompile, also there is no real reason to...)

> 2a. is your PHP compiled in ZTS mode? (See the "Thread
> Safety" value in

Thread Savety is disabled

> phpinfo())?
> 2b. is your PHP compiled in debug mode? (See the "Debug
> Build" value in
> phpinfo())?

no

> The basic name for the setting to load Xdebug is
> "zend_extension". If you are in Debug mode add "_debug" to that
> name. If you are in ZTS mode add "_ts" to that name. (in this
> order)

here come a few questionmarks. I read this in the documentation, but failed
to understand reasons / differences or the deeper sense behind it. Never the
less I tried

extension=xdebug.so --> the state I am in
zend_extension=xdebug.so --> mention in scanned inis ;-(
zend_extension_ts=xdebug.so --> same as above
extension_ts=xdebug.so --> same as above

> 3. Did you specify the full path to the xdebug .so file when
> in php.ini? An example could be
> "zend_extension=/dat/dev/php/xdebug/modules/xdebug.so"

the result of this puzzels me entirely. I would expect the full path example
to produce something sensible; if I use the full path

extension=/usr/lib/php5/extensions/xdebug.so

in my case, it just *fails* I even copied pasted the text to discover the
invisible typo, but there was none. It just sucks.

> If possible, please provide a link to your phpinfo() online.

Well, my machine is internally. ;-( I just copied and pasted the stuff, it
looked pretty unuseable I'll rather post it on demand - not yet knowing the
policy on HTML / attachments on this list. Don't want to be the lists fool
with the second posting...

Jürgen