[xdebug-general] Re: WinCacheGrind + xdebug 2

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:46:11 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Hendy Irawan wrote:

> > > i haven't tried the memory usage information.
> > Me neither. Actually I even thought PHP (at least 5.0+) has to be
> > compiled specially to have the ability to limit memory usage and to
> > report memory usage, which I guess xdebug will also depend on.
> > But I guess it'd be useful for long scripts like batch jobs when
> > you're likely to end up with very large memory usage for old unused
> > variables.

That doesn't work with Xdebug - it's kinda impossible to do due to
cachegrind's format and the way I stream out data.

> BTW, WinCacheGrind version 1.0.0.9 is available. The only notable
> change is that it ignores any extra integers generated by some
> [exotic] versions of xdebug (in non-Windows?). I'm unable to contact
> my server since it gets blocked by my campus's proxy, but you can find
> it here:
>
> http://asia.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/ceefour666
> (inside the Public folder)

That folder is empty...

> For xdebug mailing lists people, I guess this is an advertisement for
> free software? ;-)

yeah, no problem as long as it's on topic ;-) It would be cool if you
have some more screenshot and a link to the program though, so that I
can add it to presentations about Xdebug.