[xdebug-general] Re: WinCacheGrind + xdebug 2

From: Hendy Irawan <gauldong[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:20:04 +0700

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:12:36 +0700, Hendy Irawan <gauldong[@]gmail.com> wrote:
> > i also tried looking for cachegrind documentation, but couldn't find any.
> >
> > you might want to email the xdebug mailing list for some help on the
> > format. they're quick to reply on that list.
>
> Thanks! Why didn't I think of that? Since I basically use xdebug on
> every single moment (I turned it off only when I use dbg to debug my
> script, it usually conflicts with xdebug).
>
> What I'm afraid is if a cool software like that got dead because
> insufficient developer time. Like phpDocumentor which is really great
> but has bleak future. :-(

Hey, I actually got a response... but not really a formal spec ;-)

> > i haven't tried the memory usage information.
> Me neither. Actually I even thought PHP (at least 5.0+) has to be
> compiled specially to have the ability to limit memory usage and to
> report memory usage, which I guess xdebug will also depend on.
> But I guess it'd be useful for long scripts like batch jobs when
> you're likely to end up with very large memory usage for old unused
> variables.
>
> > i'm really just concerned with finding cpu bottlenecks right now.
> Yeah, me too. especially when your site is going crowded and you don't
> have an option for a free optimizer (eAccelerator does not support
> CGI, and I have to run PHP as CGI on my webhosting, other accelerators
> don't work with PHP 5 or is commercial)

BTW, WinCacheGrind version 1.0.0.9 is available. The only notable
change is that it ignores any extra integers generated by some
[exotic] versions of xdebug (in non-Windows?). I'm unable to contact
my server since it gets blocked by my campus's proxy, but you can find
it here:

http://asia.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/ceefour666
(inside the Public folder)

It's now also built with Delphi 2005, uses the latest JVCL and I've
also upgraded the window tabs so it looks a bit cooler (but err...
still has erratic behavior which is the behavior of Delphi MDI
windows, I guess I can't help it for now)

For xdebug mailing lists people, I guess this is an advertisement for
free software? ;-)

--
Hendy Irawan - http://dev.gauldong.net - GaulDong Developer Center