[xdebug-general] Re: Fwd: New tools for trace file generated with XDebug

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:16:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, jeannie boffel wrote:

> I've been improving this tool finally (
> https://github.com/jboffel/GTK-XdTrace) and I think it starts to get
> somewhere...
>
> It's compatible with trace_format 0 and 1 now and generate also the
> statistics based Derick's algorithm:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/derickr/xdebug/master/contrib/tracefile-analyser.php
>
> I assumed it is open source but if I'm wrong then let me know and I'll
> remove the code.
>
> However about this functionnality it seems that the calculated memory
> is sometime negative. Is it a bug due to some inaccuracy?

Yes, sometimes memory gets freed. That can be because the garbage
collector kicks in, or a function changes a variable to something less
big. Profiling memory usage is not easy for PHP apps.

> (I not yet pushed that features on GitHub, depending on your approval
> to reuse that piece of code)

Feel free to use it. I've slapped a licence on it too:
https://github.com/xdebug/xdebug/commit/61071bc2dba781ef8cd92f09050d9db3b150479d

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug