[xdebug-general] breakpoints ignored until xdebug_break is reached

From: CircleCode <codronm+circlecode[@]gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 19:01:41 +0200

Hi, here is an extract of my code (from 46 line to 63)

    public function preConsultation()
    {
        $err = parent::preConsultation();
        xdebug_break();
        $this->modeWizard();
        $this->injectStepInformation();
        return $err;
    }

    public function preEdition(){
        $err = parent::preEdition();
        xdebug_break();
        $this->injectTooltips();
        $this->injectStepInformation();
        $this->modeWizard();
        $this->customizeNeededLabel();
        return $err;
    }

I've put breakpoints on lines
- 48 : $err = parent::preConsultation();
- 50 : $this->modeWizard();
- 56 : $err = parent::preEdition();
- 58 : $this->injectTooltips();

then I start debugging this code by running a page calling my preEdition
function.

according to xdebug logs (http://pastebin.com/Q1NG8At0), breakpoints are
successfully defined for my 4 lines, but the first break occurs at line 57
(on the xdebug_break statement), ignoring breakpoint for line 56. after
this, my breakpoints are successfully breaking the code.

If I remove these xdebug_break statements, the code never breaks.

I'm using xdebug 2.1.0 as packaged by ubuntu, with php 5.3.10.

Side note: I tried with latest xdebug version (installed using pecl, but
the I ran into another issue where xdebug_break statement would stop the
code at another place than where it is defined, but this is another problem)