[xdebug-general] Re: [OTS#020153231] invalid ELF header

From: ActiveState Support <support[@]activestate.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:42:53 -0700

Martin,

This appears to be a duplicate of a question on the ActiveState
community site.

 http://community.activestate.com/forum/invalid-elf-header

I'll post this there as well in case anyone else runs into this.

> xdebug.idekey=<idekey>

This isn't the source of your current problem, but this setting should
either be omitted or set to your own ide key (e.g. your username). It's
is generally only necessary to set this explicitly when you're using the
DBGP proxy.

> linux:/opt/lampp/etc # php -m
> Failed loading /opt/lampp/htdocs/xdebug/xdebug.so:
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/xdebug/xdebug.so: invalid ELF header

As Todd mentions, you're using the wrong xdebug libary for your
architecture. "Mach-O fat file with 3 architectures" tells you that it's
a Mac OS X universal binary. This won't work on Linux.

The version you need can be downloaded here:

 http://downloads.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/5.1.1/remotedebugging/Komodo-PHPRemoteDebugging-5.1.1-27706-linux-x86.tar.gz

... these libraries also come bundled with Komodo:

 <komodo-install-directory>/lib/support/php/debugging/<PHP-version>/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Troy Topnik
Komodo Team
ActiveState - The Dynamic Languages Company
http://www.ActiveState.com