[xdebug-general] xdebug 2.0.4 memory leak?

From: istemi ekin akkuş <ekin.akkus[@]gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:33:39 -0400

Hello,

I am using a pristine Ubuntu 8.0.4 with Apache/2.2.8 pre-fork module
with PHP 5.2.4-ubuntu5.5 with xdebug 2.0.4.

I have realized that after a function is called many times, it seems
that memory gets exhausted. I tried it without xdebug installed and
did not encounter any memory problems.

I have checked the mailing list whether this issue was reported
before, only saw a report about profiler memory leak in version 1.3.2
(which was resolved not to be fixed, stating that xdebug2 does not
have any of these issues).

Here is a simple code that creates the issue:

<?php
$a = 'foo';
function bar($a)
{
    $b = $a;
}
for ($i = 0; $i < 250000; $i++) {
    bar($a);
}
?>

I am not using nor profiler, neither debugger. Just tracing
functionality. I don't think I am using a weird option that is set so
that it will create a memory leak, but I believe the more eyes looking
at a configuration, the better. Here are the relevant xdebug.ini

; General
xdebug.auto_trace=on
xdebug.collect_includes=0
xdebug.collect_params=4