[xdebug-general] XDebug under PHP 5.3

From: Craig Marvelley <Craig.Marvelley[@]boxuk.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:41:15 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for your extension, which we find immensely useful. We're
developing under PHP 5.3 (alpha 2). We were pleased to find that you
have provided a version of XDebug for 5.3 which initially worked for us
without issue, but we have found it to be unstable under recent builds,
the latest alpha build and a snapshot taken today being two such
examples.

Our environment:

Windows Server 2003

IIS 6

PHP 5.3.0 alpha 2 (Thread safe 32 bit)

The DLL for 5.3 loads fine, but triggers a CGI error in IIS when
performing var_dump() and doesn't handle local variables when debugging
remotely.

We've tried building from source ourselves but are unable to get a
working build (crash dump is attached). I was wondering if you were
aware of this issue, and if there would there be any chance of a fix?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Craig

--------------------------------------
Craig Marvelley
Box UK
Internet Development and Consultancy
t: +44 (0)292 022 8822
f: +44 (0)292 022 8820
e: craig.marvelley[@]boxuk.com
w: www.boxuk.com

Be a part of the Cardiff Web Community <http://www.cardiffwebscene.com/>
, next event 03 December 2008...

Registered Office Address: 46-48 Charles Street, Cardiff, CF10 2GE.
Registered in England and Wales No. 3606919

Important Information: This message may contain confidential,
proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your system. You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor
disclose its contents to any other person.