[xdebug-general] Re: pdt and xdebug issues

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:40:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Paul Shoemaker wrote:

> PDT pauses at 19% progress and never receives a connection to the host
> machine. I have a breakpoint specified and it is not being hit ... the page
> is loading completely without stopping. I have my firewall turned off on the
> client machine and verified that port 9000 is listening from eclipse. I
> verified that I can telnet to my client machine from the vm to port 9000, so
> theoretically a connection is completely possible but it seems as though
> xdebug is not initiating the connection based on the GET var in the url.
>
> My contention is that the issue is with the host machine not initiating a
> connection, but I'm not sure how I could monitor that. Since tracing is on, I
> can verify that trace files are being created but, interestingly, no log files
> are being produced. Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me and let
> me know if you need more info.

Hmm, I can think of two possible reasons. First of all, you could have
used a wrong php.ini file. Check the output of phpinfo() to see whether
1. Xdebug is enabled (it should show up next to the Zend Logo)
2. The settings are correct (the ones you pasted from above seem fine).

The second reason is that it really is not trying a connection - but
I've no idea why it wouldn't do that. Unfortunately Eclipse doesn't
support console-PHP debugging (yet), so I don't think you can test it on
the command line either. But first see if all the settings are made
correct - if they are, we can take a next step to figure out what goes
wrong.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php