[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug with PDT

From: Dave Kelsey <d_kelsey[@]uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:38:07 +0100

xdebug-general-bounce[@]lists.xdebug.org wrote on 18/05/2008 05:41:21:

> Hi,
>
> Xdebug is really giving me tough time. I have managed to installed
xdebug,
> pdt and start the debugger. But the debugger is not working properly.
> I have observed following things.
>
> 1)As I start debugger PDT takes me to the debug perspective and opens
> a blank firefox window. (which is ok)
>
> 2) At debug perspective, I find that debugger is paused at
drupal/index.php
> line no 12 ( this is probably because "break at first line" is set in
my
> debug window) and the firefox status says "waiting for localhost".
> (this is also ok)
>
> 3)Now as I push "resume" expecting the debuger to move next breakpoint,
> but nothing happens! The debugger shows "remote launch" and firefox
says
> "waiting for localhost" Indefinitely.
>
> 4)Now if I terminate the "remote launch", the waiting firefox displays
> drupals login page (first page) and another firefox window opens
showing
> "DEBUG SESSION ENDED". On address bar both windows shows
> http://localhost//drupal/index.php?
> XDEBUG_SESSION_START=ECLIPSE_DBGP&KEY=12110726310524
>
> 5)After first breakpoint I tried step debugging to see what drupal is
doing,
> I found that it finnaly gets stuck at session.inc line 13.
>
> function sess_close() {
> return TRUE;
> }
>
> I have already wasted many hours but not getting what is wrong, it
> will be really helpful if someone can suggest something.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sandy
>
> [xdebug]
> xdebug.remote_enable=1
> xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
> xdebug.remote_port=9000
> xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
> zend_extension="/home/sandy/xdebug_module/xdebug.so"

Which version of xdebug are you using ? Due to a change made in xdebug
2.0.3, PDT 1.0.2 doesn't work properly with this version. try version
2.0.2 or wait until PDT 1.0.3 is released.

More info about PDT can be found on the newsgroups where this was
announced. See http://www.eclipse.org/pdt for info about the newsgroup.

Dave Kelsey

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.