[xdebug-general] xdebug with PDT

From: motif user <motif_user[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 21:41:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Xdebug is really giving me tough time. I have managed to installed xdebug,
pdt and start the debugger. But the debugger is not working properly.
I have observed following things.

1)As I start debugger PDT takes me to the debug perspective and opens
 a blank firefox window. (which is ok)

2) At debug perspective, I find that debugger is paused at drupal/index.php
 line no 12 ( this is probably because "break at first line" is set in my
debug window) and the firefox status says "waiting for localhost". (this is also ok)

3)Now as I push "resume" expecting the debuger to move next breakpoint,
 but nothing happens! The debugger shows "remote launch" and firefox says
 "waiting for localhost" Indefinitely.

4)Now if I terminate the "remote launch", the waiting firefox displays
 drupals login page (first page) and another firefox window opens showing
 "DEBUG SESSION ENDED". On address bar both windows shows
 http://localhost//drupal/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=ECLIPSE_DBGP&KEY=12110726310524

5)After first breakpoint I tried step debugging to see what drupal is doing,
 I found that it finnaly gets stuck at session.inc line 13.

function sess_close() {
     return TRUE;
}

I have already wasted many hours but not getting what is wrong, it
 will be really helpful if someone can suggest something.

Thanks in advance

Sandy

[xdebug]
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
zend_extension="/home/sandy/xdebug_module/xdebug.so"