[xdebug-general] Re: apache worker mpm crashes with xdebug 2.0.2

From: Yuval Hager <yuval[@]avramzon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:30:28 +0200

On Monday 17 March 2008, Derick Rethans wrote:

> You really should not be running worker mode.

I switched to worker because of high memory use I experienced with prefork,
and got such an advice.
Are you saying that worker is flawed, or that there is no real reason to use
it over prefork?

> A stack trace is not useful without symbols, so please use an xdebug dll
> compiled with symbols.

I think the gentoo ebuild does strip out the symbols even though I told it not
to..

> > I have confirmed this does not happen with prefork MPM, or when xdebug is
> > not installed. It looks to me like a thread safety issue..
>
> Yeah, quite possible :/ But there is *really* no reason to use
> threading.

Would you like to further pursue this and make xdebug work with worker mode,
or should I just switch back to prefork and forget about the whole thing?

Regards,

--yuval