[xdebug-general] Re: Firefox Addin help

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:24:34 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, johnywhy[@]gmail.com wrote:

> in Firefox, i browse to the webpage i want to debug. i click on the
> debug icon in the status bar, and it glows green. nothing else
> happens, and the page loads normally. how can i step through my php
> script?
>
> my setup:
>
> --I'm using Linux shared web-hosting.
>
> --I created the following php.ini file in my directory:

Does your shared hosting support having your own php.ini file?

> zend_extension_ts=php_xdebug.dll

You need the full path here, unlike normal extensions. I also see that
you're using a linux server, in that case you need to use the .so file
of course.

> --i have limited access to the server on my host. i cannot restart it.

Well, if you're using a php.ini file to make settings, you have to
restart it. You can not load xdebug through .htaccess either. It looks
like your shared hosting will not support running Xdebug.

reagrds,

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php