[xdebug-general] Re: dynamic breakpoint

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:22:01 +0100 (CET)

Hei Are!

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Are Pedersen wrote:

> One feature I would like is something I call "dynamic breakpoint".
> What I mean by this is:
> getting xdebug to break execution and start debugging when a specified
> variable has changed value, or set to a specific value, regardless of
> where in the code this happens. So you can't set the breakpoint at a
> specific line, because the line could change on every execution.
>
> Is this possible to do?

It's a bit hard to do those things in PHP. It is possible to use the
memory address belonging to the variable for this, but that could be
slow. It's possibly also dangerous because I'd have no idea whether the
variable was already freed from memory as well :/ It might be possible
in some other way, but I can't quite think of how to implemented it.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php