[xdebug-general] Re: An improvement idea for breakpoint_set command

From: Jun Monnai <monnai[@]anchorsystems.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 14:26:55 +0900

Hello Derick,

> This is related to another feature request:
> http://bugs.xdebug.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=200
>
> However, it is also not trivial to do. For this to work the PHP script
> needs to be parsed by the PHP interpreter and that can only be done
> after a script has started. As setting a breakpoint in an IDE usually
> happens before the script starts I have no idea on how to implement this
> specific feature. Feel free to file at at http://bugs.xdebug.org
> though.

Yes, it is related, but this enhancement requires a bit different
protocol change, so I filed this as new one.

I see. I usually set breakpoints at ``starting'' state (just before
execution starts). That time, is the main PHP file compiled?

Even so, I guess there is no way to know information for
require_once() files.

Best regards,
Jun Monnai