[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug and access violation errors in Windows Server 200

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:11:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Derek Ethier wrote:

> The access violation issue has been occurring since I upgraded to PHP 5 and it
> is only on my production system (which currently doesn't have xdebug) so it is
> not because of xdebug. I was just hoping to use it to help trace the problem.

Ah - hmm, then I wouldn't know how to help you here. It could be
infinite recursion but you should try to reproduce it on a machine
where you do have Xdebug. Sometimes it is possible to use Xdebug's
tracing functionality to atleast figure out in which function it
crashes. (As the tracefile will stop at the exact moment PHP crashes).

> I'm using the latest build for Windows and PHP 5.2.1 compiled on 2007-04-24
> 03:19:42. I'd assume that it's RC3.

It's even later, it's RC4-dev there.