[xdebug-general] Difficulties to get xdebug to work on SuSE 10.2 - PHP5.2 - Apache 2

From: Braukmann, Juergen <Juergen.Braukmann[@]lua.nrw.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:08:24 +0100

Hello,

I cannot get xdebug to work (i.e. display output like in the screenshots
page) All I get to see ist the standard error message, but no traces. ;-(
I was deeply confused by several php.ini files under /etc/php5/something,
but figured out that I only need the one in the /apache2 directory.
I enabled some error reporting there (error_reporting = E_ALL,
display_errors = On, track_errors = On)
I also added some old lines from my old php.ini (php4)
xdebug.remote=On, xdebug.remote_handler = gbd, xdebug.remote_mode= On,
xdebug.remote_enable=On
(I do not know whether I realy need the latter ones...)

I am using:
- SuSE 10.2 with
- Apache 2.2.3
- PHP 5.2.0

I do not realy understand the connection between the apache module and
particulary the debug-client irritates me; I think I just need the module
which is shown loaded in phpinfo().

Are there any hints what do to to get the thing back working? xdebug was
quite helpful and worked nice on my old install with php....

Thanks a lot,

Jürgen