[xdebug-general] Re: New to XDebug -- a couple questions

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:43:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Daniel Vandersluis wrote:

> 1. How do I get the actual execution times, per file? I have xdebug2
> installed, and tried using file(xdebug_get_tracefile_name()); to get the
> information from the file, but the numbers it is reporting are obviously by
> function first of all, and secondly don't appear to be right (for instance,
> it reported that a function being called 1000 times in a loop (I was
> testing) took about 20-30 seconds to execute, when the visible time it took
> was maybe about 1-2 seconds. Also, the numbers seem to be roughly equal per
> function, no matter what the function is doing, which seems odd to me.

That indeed seems very odd - I've never encountered that myself. The
function xdebug_time_index()
(http://xdebug.org/docs-functions.php#xdebug_time_index) returns the
number of seconds since the start of the script.

> 2. Is there a way to profile SQL calls?

Not yet.. I am not sure how to handle this yet. Would you have a good
suggestion on how to do this?