[xdebug-general] Re: XDebug & PHP Max execution time

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:59:30 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Bill Kuker wrote:

> I am playing with XDebug, adding some features (for instance I couldn't
> find a way to break an executing program, but rather than look through
> all the documentation to make sure I added my own, and I am adding a
> real-time trace type functionality to it). These features are slow, but
> I have already located problems in a product that has been deployed for
> a few years now.

Can you elaborate this a bit more perhaps? The DBGp protocol has support
for async commands that allowyou to "break" an executing program,
although that is not yet supported in Xdebug. I'd be interested to see
what features you might have added locally.

> Problem is the time spent in the debugger counts against the max script
> execution time. I bring this up both as a suggestion for an improvement
> to XDebug and as a question - is there an obvious way to do this?

This should not be a problem at all, Xdebug turns of the max
execution time alltogether when debugging... unless you use safemode?