[xdebug-general] XDebug & PHP Max execution time

From: Bill Kuker <wckits[@]rit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:43:15 -0500

Hello,

I am playing with XDebug, adding some features (for instance I couldn't
find a way to break an executing program, but rather than look through
all the documentation to make sure I added my own, and I am adding a
real-time trace type functionality to it). These features are slow, but
I have already located problems in a product that has been deployed for
a few years now.

Problem is the time spent in the debugger counts against the max script
execution time. I bring this up both as a suggestion for an improvement
to XDebug and as a question - is there an obvious way to do this?

Thanks,

-Bill Kuker