[xdebug-general] Issues in installing and using xDebug

From: Giovanni Guarino <akalabeth0[@]gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 18:10:56 +0200

Hello, there.
I've just followed the instructions I've read in your site to install and
use xDegug.
I've installed into my computer (Windows 10) XAMPP 7.2.4 with PHP 7.2.4.
XAMPP works correctly.
I've also downloaded and installed the last NetBeans for Php (v. 8.2).
I've then downloaded the file "php_xdebug-2.6.0-7.2-vc15-nts.dll" and put
into the xapp php extensions folder. I've also added the lines into the
php.ini of the xampp that are written in this page:
https://xdebug.org/docs/install

When I try to launch the debug, NetBeans remains with the phrase "Waiting
for Connection (netbeans-xdebug)". I found some tricks made by others, and
then I added the following lines in the php.ini:

[xDebug]
zend_extension = "c:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.6.0-7.2-vc15-nts.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.idekey="netbeans-xdebug"
xdebug.remote_connect_back=1
xdebug.remote_autostart=1

But the problem remains.

Also, if I create a phpinfo() into a php page and I call it by a browser,
there is the following line:
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies and also the
Zend's logo, but I don't see any xdebug reference in the resulting page.

What am I missed? I remain at your disposal, I need to solve the issue to
go ahead.

I thank you in advance,
Giovanni G.