[xdebug-general] Debug as Web Page?

From: Thomas Widlar <twidlar[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 21:25:14 +0000 (UTC)

A few years ago I began using XDebug with XAMPP and Eclipse PDT Galileo on WinXP. Everything worked fine. Then I switched to Win7. I installed the same software. Everything worked again.

But a very short time later I now longer was given the option to Debug As > PHP Web Page which used the browser and would allow me to debug form processing by going from page to page and following the transferring the $_POST array.

Then a bit later Xdebug would show variable values when I hovered over the variable at the global level but not show them inside a function.

This was all on my C: drive. I tried to upgrade to later versions of Eclipse and XDebug on my D: drive. There were various failures including the variable display option in functions. No longer was the option to Debug as Script or Debug as Web Page available, it was debug as CLI Application or Web Application.

So I continued using Galileo on C:

A few months ago I got a Win10 laptop. I installed the current Eclipse Neon.3, XDebug and XAMPP. I can see variable values globally or in functions. Still there is only Debug as CLI or Web Application.

Googling shows Eclipse's various configuration forms and instructions keep changing.

So what do I need to do to debug form processing from page to page using the browser?

Windows 10
XAMPP 5.6.28 Windows
PHP 5.6.28
XDebug 2.5.1