[xdebug-general] Re: feature request - dump traces file to disk only if total script execution time is greater or equals a threshold in seconds

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:43:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Valeriy wrote:

> Normally, if one is not satisfied with load/stress testing results and
> wants to investigate root causes, only requests that took longer than
> X seconds to execute matter. However, right now such testing will
> generate tons of profiler traces files, so additional manual files
> cleaning/filtering has to be done.
>
> It would be great to have a configuration parameter like the
> following:
>
> xdebug.profiler_request_time_threshold
> Type: integer, Default value: 0
>
> When this setting is set to a value greater than 0, trace files will
> be dumped to disk only if total request processing time is greater or
> equals the threshold (in seconds).

Right now, Xdebug writes trace files/profile files on the fly as to
minimize the amount of memory being used. As trace files and profile
files can be really large (100s of MBs), you'll see that I will have to
do that.

Of course, I could delete these files when at the end of a request the
threshold time has not been reached, but that's a bit ugly.

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug