[xdebug-general] IIS + PHP + FastCGI + Ajax issue

From: Marco De Bortoli <marco.debo.debortoli[@]gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:59:34 +0000

Hi everyone,

As per subject I'm hitting a quite unusual problem while trying to
run/debug my application. Basically what's happening is that as soon as I
enable my Xdebug Session the PHP file I'm polling via AJAX stops working
and doesn't return any response at all. I so tried to buy a break point in
the polled file, xdebug hooks into the break point but it soon restart and
hook back again into the break point as soon as a second requests come in
endlessly without letting me go step by step. I personally have no memory
of such a behaviour; am I doing something wrong or did I find some weird
bug?

The IIS version I'm using is 8.5 and the problem exist both in php 5.4 and
5.6 with Xdebug 2.2.5.

If you need further information please ask and if you happen to have any
idea please shout, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Debo