[xdebug-general] Cannot install Xdebug with Tailored Instructions on Mac Os X

From: Roberto Trama <roberto.trama[@]email.it>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:50:56 +0100

Hello,
I have tried to install Xdebug using the Tailored Instructions from
"find-binary.php" page.
I have followed them steb by step without any error or problem.
I have added the following string to my php.ini file:

    zend_extension =
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/php-5.3.1/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so

The xdebug.so library is in the right place and the edited php.ini file
is the right one.

Unfortunately nothing appears in the output of my phpinfo() file after
restarted the Apache server and submitting it again to the "find-binary"
script shows that Xdebug is not installed, as nothing was changed.

My system is Mac OS X 10.6.8 and my PHP is included into the XAMPP
installation (full: basic & developer packages)

Can somebody give me an advice on how to solve this problem?
Below is the full output of the Tailored Instructions I have received
and followed
Thank you for your help
Roberto

Tailored Installation Instructions

Summary

Xdebug installed: no
Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler
Windows: no
Zend Server: no
PHP Version: 5.3.1
Zend API nr: 220090626
PHP API nr: 20090626
Debug Build: no
Thread Safe Build: no
Configuration File Path: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc
Configuration File: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/php.ini
Extensions directory:
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/php-5.3.1/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626

Instructions

Download xdebug-2.1.2.tgz
Unpack the downloaded file with tar -xvzf xdebug-2.1.2.tgz
Run: cd xdebug-2.1.2
Run: phpize

As part of its output it should show:

Configuring for:
Zend Module Api No: 20090626
Zend Extension Api No: 220090626
If it does not, you are using the wrong phpize. Please follow this FAQ
entry and skip the next step.

Run: ./configure
Run: make
Run: cp modules/xdebug.so
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/php-5.3.1/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626
Edit /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/php.ini and add the line
zend_extension =
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/php-5.3.1/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so
Restart the webserver
If you like Xdebug, and thinks it saves you time and money, please have
a look at the donation page.

 Sponsor:
 Peluche Originali Disney, Simpson, Bugs Bunny, Spongebob... a partire da soli Euro 9.90!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11653&d=27-1