[xdebug-general] Re: Prevent other triggering profiler

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:26:03 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Darius Orvidas wrote:

> Would appreciate if someone could give me ideas on:
> XDebug profiler can be triggered using GET/POST/COOKIE variables. Sometimes
> it would be nice to profile scripts on live server. The problem I see that
> everyone can trigger profiler appending XDEBUG_PROFILE variable. Is it
> possible to set a *secret *XDEBUG_PROFILE variable. Thank you in advance.

Not right now, but there is a feature request for it already:
http://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=644

I'll be looking at this, but you need to be aware that it is not a good
idea to run Xdebug in production, as even without using any
functionality you will slow it down considerably.

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug