[xdebug-general] Feature request: ability to trigger profiling on certain system events (for example, CPU usage of php process)

From: <oren[@]triond.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:53:16 +0000

Hi,

I would like to be able to trigger profiling on certain system events, such as process characteristics (CPU or mem usage), script runtime (above X seconds) etc.

As I understand now, the only way to trigger profiling is either for all scripts, or through a cookie.

I believe that triggering profiling on such events will make profiling much more focused. Right now if I want to catch a use case that happens 1 percent of the time, but generates 20 percent of the load, I have no way of pin-pointing it.

Oren