[xdebug-general] Re: New DBGP functionality in 2.1beta - questions

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:45:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Michal Gajek wrote:

> > Sort of. If you enable the setting (xdebug.remote_connect_back) then
> > Xdebug checks $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to figure out to which IP address
> > to connect to instead of the xdebug.remote_host value.
> >
> > Great! Will it be for sure included in final 2.1 release?
>
> I'd like to state it in the docs, as it's much more convinient than manual
> setting ...

Yeah, I just wrote it. It's now online as well.

> Moreover ... what do you think of user-defined port?

How would that work?

> What about some black/white list of hosts? remote_connect_back seems to be
> much more convinient, on the other hand I'd never ever enable it on
> production server ...

Well, you shouldn't have Xdebug on a production machine anyway. As for
filters for host, I want to add that later; but not before Xdebug 2.1.

> > Not yet, but I can add this. Can you file a feature request at
> > http://bugs.xdebug.org ?
>
> sure! thanks! #518

I might actually remove this once I get the Komodo people to add showing
classnames. So I might decide just to leave it as it is right now.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug