[xdebug-general] Re: Accessing private properties of object's ancestor using DBGp

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:06:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Michal Gajek wrote:

> today I've compiled latest svn (checked out at rev 3180). Still the
> private properties are not accessible, they're shown as empty however
> they're marked with parent class' name. You've closed my bug report
> thus I'm asking here if will it be possible to preview those variables
> or do I have to state in docs that for full preview one still has to
> var_dump ?

Hmm, yeah, this is tricky though cause I have no idea on how to access
them just yet. I'll reopen your bug until I can come up with something.

> I'm not sure wether you've got the previous mail where I've elaborated
> a little bit more on "why do I find private properties preview useful"
> since it's not available in groups archives so far? ;)

That's because you're not CC-ing the mailinglist... but yes, I agree
that it's useful.

PS: Besides using reply-all, can you please not top-post replies either?

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug