[xdebug-general] Re: Installation woes

From: George Larson <george.g.larson[@]gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:34:09 -0400

Okay. I just tried it again.

I did a "pecl install xdebug" which appeared to go well. I searched for
xdebug.so, to insure that I was entering the correct path. I put
'zend_extension_ts="/usr/lib/php5/extensions/xdebug.so"' in the php.ini file
that was in my home directory and the one in /etc/php5/apache2/. I rebooted
and a php -m still does not list XDebug.

I'm dying for the step-by-step debugging that I'm used to from developing in
other languages. I'm using NetBeans 6.5 and it lets me set the breakpoint
and then hit the debug button but it never finds XDebug.

I hate to bother people when I realize that I'm abysmally inept in this
arena. If there is someplace that I can RTFM then I'll try to limit my
questions to sensible ones but I can't even figure out that much.

Thanks!
George