[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug 2.0.4 memory leak?

From: istemi ekin akkuş <ekin.akkus[@]gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:32:33 -0400

I meant that the memory usage of the apache process would increase and
stay that way, even after the script execution is finished. Since
xdebug.so is loaded into apache, the apache process seems to use a lot
of memory.

If I don't have xdebug installed, the script is executed and the
increase in memory is temporary, so it will go away, when the script
is done.

That's why I thought there might be something wrong.

On a side note, when I execute the script from the command line, the
memory still increases, but then the process dies and the memory is
released.

I understand that apache processes are being reused in pre-fork mode.
So the process is not necessarily killed after each request. However,
if you do not use xdebug.so at all, the memory usage almost stays
constant, whereas when you use xdebug.so, it increases drastically.

This should not be the case, right?