[xdebug-general] Re: multiple clients on xdebug?

From: Shawn Clark <shawn_d_clark[@]hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:20:04 -0800

André,

What you are looking for is a DBGp Proxy. The one that I have installed in my network is the ActiveState DBGp Proxy. I was able to get it from:

ftp://ftp.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/5.0.3/remotedebugging/

The proxy is within the PythonRemoteDebugging archive. When you extract that archive there will be a pydbgpproxy binary. You will need to have python installed on the box that will act as the proxy. It does not have to be the same machine as where the php code is running from. When running the binary make sure to specify the ports that you want the proxy to listen for xdebug script connections as well as what port the debug clients will connect on. Example is:

python ./pydbgpproxy -i 9001 -d 9000

That says that clients will connect on port 9001 and the xdebug will connect on port 9000. If you have enough linux knowledge your can setup that command as a service so that it is automatically stopped / started as well as being able to use a "service pydbgpproxy start / stop". I just have the output sent to a file in my /var/log so that I can check if everything is running well from time to time by tailing that log.

If you need more information check out:

http://blogs.activestate.com/jeffg/2006/08/howto_set_up_ko.html

It is information about how the proxy is setup but the later parts of the blog are specific to Komodo IDE for the debug client.

--
Shawn Clark