[xdebug-general] Re: A non thread safe version for php 5.2 would be a must for php-gtk2 users

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:56:13 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Dysmas de Lassus wrote:

> thanks for your work which gives hope to php developpers that they can have an
> IDE with full debug.
> I worked on this all day long today, but the problem is the following : the
> present version of php-gtk2 is built on a php 5.2 nts. Impossible to find a
> debugger which works with this version.
> You offer non-thread-safe versions for php 5.3. Wouldn't it be possible to
> have one for php 5.2 ?

It would be possible, but I only have provided Xdebug binaries against
the official PHP releases. I'll see if I can get somebody to make a PHP
5.2 NTS version as I don't actually have Windows myself. I'll try to
keep you posted on this.

> I wonder also if there is a mistake : I tried to load php_xdebug in php 5.3
> but I found that :
>
> the nts version of php_xdebug loads in php ts, not in php nts.
> The normal version of php_xdebug loads in the non-thread-safe version of php
> 5.3, not in the normal version.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I'd swapped the files locally already, but
only just now actually updated the site. Thanks for reminding me!

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php