[xdebug-general] Examining variables whilst debugging

From: Roland Dunn <roland.uknetmktg[@]googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 13:28:22 +0100

Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help.

I've got xdebug configured on my Ubuntu box (8.04) and working nicely with
PHP5 and gvim (ver 7.1 I think), it's great to have access to a PHP
debugger. I've been able to break where I want using xdebug_break(); and I
can use var_dump(variable); to examine the contents of the variable, but

... is it possible, from within xdebug (working in vim) when the code has
broken at an xdebug_break(); point to then choose to examine the values of
particular variables? e.g. so at that time decide I want to see the value of
three different variables - is this possible and if so - how?

Many thanks for anyone's help,

Kind regards,
Roland