[xdebug-general] what to do is the script can't be executed.

From: Dave Kelsey <d_kelsey[@]uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:38:48 +0100

Hi Derick,
hope you enjoyed your trip to London. It was great to finally meet you.

Is it possible for xdebug to establish a debug session before a script is
parsed and compiled ? If the parse/compilation step fails then xdebug
could report this to the debugger before terminating the debug session.

The reason I ask is that within PDT, I launch the url or process and then
wait for xdebug to connect. I could check to see if the process has died
and terminate waiting, but for a url I still need to have some idea that
the script failed to execute. It looks like xdebug doesn't attempt to
establish a debug session unless the script can be executed.

What do you think ?

Best regards
Dave Kelsey

Unless stated otherwise above: