[xdebug-general] Re: Some breakpoints work, others don't

From: Harkin Banks <harkin.as[@]gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:29:04 -0700

No, my breakpoints are on lines of code and it's clear that those lines are
executing. Thank you for the idea, anyhow. I appreciate it.

Actually, now that I'm looking at this more, there's something more general
going on. I have misphrased the problem. It's really that sometimes Xdebug
works and sometimes it does not -- sometimes no connection is made when I
would expect it to. So, it is true that in some cases my breakpoints aren't
honored (even when placed on a line that is clearly executed (eg,
echo("STUB")), but in those cases I think I have reported what the problem
is in a misleading way. I'm baffled by why in some cases Xdebug works (a
connection is made and I get control) when in others it does not (I get the
timeout before any connection is made) when in both cases I am viewing the
same php file which is clearly getting executed in both cases. I suspect
that I am missing something basic (ie, am doing something stupid :) ).