[xdebug-general] Re: do xdebug development environment setup notes exist?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:43:46 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Mike D'Ambrogia wrote:

> First foray into the land of C++, been wanting to learn for many years
> now and digging into Xdebug code seems like an interesting way to dive
> in. I'm wondering if there are instructions on how to setup a
> development environment specifically for Xdebug on Win2kPro geared
> towards someone who has no idea what they are doing?

Not really.... I don't use any sort of IDE on windows at all being a
primary Linux user. On Windows the only things I run are really the
steps to compile PHP.

> I have the MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition installed on my system but
> have never used it - will it work or should I use something
> different/better? I've downloaded the CVS snapshot of Xdebug earlier
> today so the code is ready to go, now I need to whip the programmer into
> shape.

The compiler should be able to compile Xdebug, if you compile PHP
yourself first. That's not a trivial thing, but there is some
information here:
http://no2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.building.php

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php